Storm Damage Roof Repair
Roof Storm Damage Repair in Atlanta, Peachtree City and the Metro Atlanta areas
We provide expert roofing repair from storm damage
Imagine a pro golfer driving a thousand golf balls at your roof and you’ll have a good idea how a severe hailstorm harms roof shingles and other roof elements (skylights, gutters, vent hoods, etc.).
Following a severe storm, your first roofing concern is whether or not the storm caused any leakage that might damage your home’s interior. Even if your roof does survive high winds or a hailstorm without leaking, significant damage may still exist. That’s why calling an experienced roofing expert like PGRS: Professional Grade Roofing + Siding to check your roof for hail damage is so important.
We thoroughly inspect your entire roof and look for any signs of roof storm damage. Our expert roofers have the experience to suggest the appropriate roofing services, whether it’s roof repair or hailstorm or wind damage roof replacement. After a storm, we’re the experts to call!
Hail & Storm Repair Services
- Free and thorough roof inspection for storm and hail damage
- Thorough inspection of roof shingles, gutters, skylights, flashing, vent hoods, vent stacks, chimney caps and chimneys
- Free estimates for all recommended roof repairs
- Prompt, expert repair and/or replacement of storm-damaged roof elements
Hail damages different roofing materials in different ways
Experience in roof inspections following storms has educated roofing contractors about how hail, rain and wind damage affects different roofing materials. Not surprisingly, hail damages different roofing materials in different ways.
Roof hail damage also varies greatly from one part of a house roof to another. This variation is due primarily to the wind that drives the hail. A glancing blow does less damage than hail that impacts the roof at close to 90 degrees.
- Hail damage to asphalt shingles. Shingles can have broken or cracked tabs, but the most common hail damage takes the form of crushed or dented areas where granules are forced into the shingle mat material or displaced entirely. Since granules protect the shingle from UV degradation, hail dents result in shortened shingle life.
- Hail damage to wood shingles. Wood shingles may crack from hail impacts. Cracking is along the grain, which causes parts of the shingles to break loose.
- Hail damage to slate roofs. Hail impact can crack slates, although cracks tend to be more random than with wood shingles. Some slates may break loose from their fasteners and slide off the roof.
We respond quickly to repair hail damage and prevent roof leaks
The high winds that often accompany hailstorms cause blow-off damage that should be repaired right away. Hail-damaged roof shingles may not cause a problem for months or years, but calling PGRS: Professional Grade Roofing + Siding as soon as possible is wise to see if the damage merits roof repair or roofing replacement. We provide free inspections and estimates for hail damage repair in Atlanta, Peachtree City, Fayetteville and surrounding areas throughout Metro Atlanta. Give us a call or get an online quote today!
No matter what Mother Nature throws your way, PGRS: Professional Grade Roofing + Siding’s roofing services help protect your home against the elements and provide peace of mind.